Statement of Guiding Principles for Fundraising
Public Compliance Statement
Valid Nutrition is committed to complying with the Statement for Guiding Principles for Fundraising and has formally discussed and adopted the Statement at a meeting of the governing body.
- Valid Nutrition confirms its commitment to the principles set out in the Statement of Guiding Principles for Fundraising by a statement to that effect in its annual report.
- Valid Nutrition has a Donor Charter which is consistent with the Statement of Guiding Principles for Fundraising.
- Valid Nutrition regularly monitors compliance with the Statement of Guiding Principles for Fundraising and compliance reports are received regularly by the governing body.
- Valid Nutrition considers the Statement of Guiding Principles for Fundraising when planning all fundraising activity.
- Valid Nutrition has appointed a senior member of staff to be responsible for compliance with the Statement of Guiding Principles for Fundraising.
- Valid Nutrition has a feedback and complaints procedure consistent with the Statement of Guiding Principles for Fundraising. Feedback is recorded for review by relevant staff including the CEO/governing body. Feedback is responded to promptly and appropriately.
- Valid Nutrition prepares financial reports consistent with the requirements of the Charities Act 2009 which include a statement concerning the extent to which control of the organisation is independent of its funding sources.
- Valid Nutrition ensures that all donations are tracked and recorded and complies with data protection requirements.
- Valid Nutrition is accessible to the public via a number of readily available contact options.
As an Irish registered charity seeking donations we (Valid Nutrition) aim to comply with the Statement of Guiding Principles for Fundraising. Our pledge is to treat all our donors with respect, honesty and openness and commit to the following:
- Being accountable and transparent so that donors and prospective donors can have full confidence in Valid Nutrition.
- Commit that you, our donors and prospective donors will:-
- be informed of the organisation’s mission, and of the way the organisation intends to use donated resources.
- be informed of the identity of those serving on the organisation’s governing board, and that the board will exercise prudent judgement in its stewardship responsibilities.
- have access to the organisation’s most recent financial statements.
- be assured your donations will be used for the purposes for which they were given
- receive appropriate acknowledgement and recognition
- be assured that information about your donation is handled with respect and with confidentiality to the extent provided by law
- expect that all relationships with individuals representing the charity will be dealt with professionally
- easily avail of the agreed procedures for making and responding to complaints
- have the opportunity for any names to be deleted from mailing lists and to be informed if the organisation intends to share the mailing lists with third parties.
- receive prompt, truthful and forthright answers to questions you might have of the organisation.